short - an entrepeneur. You must relish the possibilities that lay
within working for yourself. At Property Network we are very deliberate
about building each of our sales associates into successful personal
brands and to all intents and purposes you run your own business under
the guidance of ours.
You must also however have the character that ensures ongoing self discipline, committment and perseverance.
ARE THE HOURS LONG?
you have to put in is a solid 40 hour work week and you will be well
rewarded. Due to the nature of the business however, you can expect
weekend and evening work as this is when many people are available for
Alongside this, you of course enjoy the freedom and flexibility of managing your own time.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I NEED?
In terms of current legislation, you will need to firstly obtain your NQF4 and then pass
the Estate Agency Affairs Board Course examination (PDE) in order to secure a
Fidelity Fund Certificate as a fully licensed agent. If you are new to the business, you must also complete a minimum one year internship while obtaining these qualifications
WHICH AGENCY WOULD BE BEST FOR ME?
is to a large degree this is a personal choice and you must see which
of your options provide the best environment for you to grow as well as
perform, but you need to consider these basic essentials :
1) Commission Structure - where does your percentage start and what are the maximums
2) Training - Is there a focus on providing top notch training and development
3) Costs - What fees, royalties and other costs will you have to pay
4) Support and Resources - Is the company committed to supporting you personally or are you just a number
5) Creative Space - Will you be allowed to be yourself or will you be forced into a box
6) Is it a Happy Place - Are other agents and staff really happy there. Can you sense comeraderie and trust?
CAN I START EARNING IMMEDIATELY?
all intents and purposes yes. A word of caution though. It takes time
to build a client base and even if you immediately obtain a listing it
takes time to selll. And then the transfer process takes about three
months. A general rule of thumb is that you must be able to support
yourself for six months without any commissions. So sit down with your
intended principal and discuss what your costs are going to be before
jumping in feet first.
WHAT IF I AM UNSURE OR HAVE DOUBTS?
are embarking on a new venture and it is quite correct to be nervous.
If you are considering changing firms then this too is a major career
choice. Why not contact us for a confidential chat and lets see how we can help or provide guidance.